Duration: 15 Days
Level of Difficulty:
Challenge for people with experience in adventure who are prepared to overcome their own physical and mental limits.
The team will venture into a remote jungle area aboard a military helicopter.
Our mission is to reach, in any adverse situation, an objective located 120 km away. Throughout the journey, extensive treks will be made using both native and military survival techniques through virgin forest; crossing rivers, streams and swamps.
During this challenge, indigenous Mayorunas will join the participants and work as a team to fulfill the mission. The motto of the mission is: “Nobody is left behind, everyone makes it “.
– Transfer to the Military Academy of Jungle Survival, to receive instruction of rappel technique (descent off a vertical drop using a rope), led by military instructors.
– Starting from a Military base.
– Fly by helicopter from Iquitos to the operations zone: a remote area in the deep of the jungle.
– Rappel descent.
During these days we will be doing the following activities:
– Survival principles.
– Personal protection.
– Proper use of a machete.
– Construction of individual and group shelters.
– Navigating by using the natural signs.
– Land navigation by using a compass.
– Extreme hike in virgin jungle.
– Crossing of rivers, streams and “aguajales” (swamps).
– Techniques of finding water and food (use of natural resources).
– Drinking water from forest vines “Soga de agua”.
– Identification of animal tracks and footprints.
– Construction of traps to catch animals.
– Improvised fishing.
– Food preparation.
– Methods of making a campfire under extreme conditions.
– Identification of flora to be used to survive.
– Construction of individual flotation devices.
– Overnight in the jungle.
In these days we will eat self-collected food.
– Arrival by foot to the target: a riparian village.
– Mission accomplished: Transfer to Iquitos.
– Day 15, 6:00 pm Arrival in Iquitos city.
Includes: Transfer from Iquitos Airport, land and river transportations included in the itinerary, helicopter from Iquitos to the operational area, Matses native guides and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
Materiales: Mosquiteros personal.
The expedition is open to highly motivated participants, with great adaptability and who are in good physical and mental condition.
Important: The helicopter that is used in this mission is subject to weather conditions, the flight could be postponed.