We offers an exciting and extreme experience in a unique and challenging environment. Amazon Explorer was created thanks to the inspiration of a passionate nature lover; his enthusiasm has led him to explore remote areas in different countries for more than 30 years. We specialize in adventure tourism and survival training in the Amazon jungle. We perform survival challenges, alternative tourism in the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve and the Matsés National Reserve, coexistence with non-tourist indigenous tribes and high-risk expeditions in unexplored areas. Our trajectory has given us a worldwide recognition and has been referenced in several books and international publications.
Amazon Explorer is guaranteed by having organized and led numerous expeditions in total safety for military, adventurers, expeditioners, groups of students, researchers, documentarians and producers such as NatGeo, Discovery Channel, among others.
We have instructed important Peruvian and foreign companies, as well as military personnel in jungle survival courses. Jungle Survival Courses is taught by military experts, who make up the Search and Rescue Brigade (SAR) in the Peruvian Amazon. In our expeditions there are no comforts, they are experiences in the authentic rainy, hot and humid jungle. You will live as the locals live, you will camp in the middle of the jungle, you will sleep with mosquito nets, you will walk for hours and days, you will bathe in jungle rivers, surrounded by trees and life. “The luxury you will find in the majesty of the jungle”.
Expeditions & Survival
Why Choose Us?
- We have been operating in the Amazon jungle for more than 20 years.
- We are pioneers in designing, organizing and leading expeditions to remote areas of the Amazon rainforest and a role model for other companies.
- We are recognized in numerous worldwide publications for having organized and led numerous expeditions in total safety for adventurers, expeditioners, students, researchers, documentarians and producers such as NatGeo, Discovery Channel, among others.
- We fairly compensate our staff and educate our native guides to promote the protection and conservation of the Amazon rainforest.
- For expeditions with one to six people, we have four qualified personnel, consisting of an English/Spanish tour leader (expedition supervisor), a native guide, a cook and a boat driver.
- We are constantly exploring new areas, so we can make our itineraries more attractive.
- We support the indigenous communities where we operate, by providing financial, medical, educational, and employment benefits.
- We provide private expeditions with small groups.
- Our military instructors make up the Search and Rescue Brigade (SAR) in the Peruvian Amazon.
- We help in the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife and abandoned street animals, by allocating part of our income generated from our expeditions.
- Hand in hand with the NGO Jaguar Matsés Connection (www.jaguarmatsesconnection.com), we support Matsés communities for the conservation of the jaguar and other endangered species.
- We are concerned about the environment and therefore promote sustainable development of the indigenous communities we visit.
Our Best Warranty
Our spirit of adventure takes us to the most unexplored areas of the Amazon jungle. Thanks to our explorers for having trusted us. We are recognized in numerous publications worldwide for having organized and led numerous expeditions in complete safety for adventurers, expeditioners, students, researchers, documentarians and producers such as NatGeo, Discovery Channel, among others.