You’ll traverse uncharted Amazon terrain by foot and navigate with canoes crafted from palm tree trunks, embarking on a 125-mile (200 km) adventure. Success in this challenge will require adaptability and resourcefulness.
Get ready to face the unknown and emerge triumphant in an adventure that will redefine your limits.
We’ve chosen a remote jungle area to discover wildlife-rich ecosystems.
These expeditions thrive on teamwork, devoid of any “tourist” services. Each and every participant must actively engage in gathering firewood, fishing, cooking, purifying water, constructing shelters, crafting rafts, and executing all essential tasks to conquer this challenge with unwavering determination.
- Trekking Trial: 30 miles (50 km)
- Dugout Canoes Navigation: 95 miles (150 km)
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Iquitos-Nauta to Requena.
- Light aircraft from Angamos to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permission from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission from the communities of the Blanco River.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators (speedboat company).
- Their speedboats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the lost days can be recovered.
- In the event that the return flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in Colonia Angamos village, nor will you receive any type of refund for the lost days.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters with uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advanced.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.