We will cross an unexplored area of the Amazon rainforest on foot and in dugout canoes. We have selected a remote area of primary jungle in order to find ecosystems rich in wildlife so that you can live an unforgettable experience in this adventure.
These expeditions are designed for teamwork. There are no “tourist” services. All participants will form a team and must strive to collect firewood, catch fish, prepare food, purify water, build shelters, make rafts, and other activities that help us succeed in this challenge.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Light aircraft from Angamos to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permit from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés National Reserve and Native Community.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the days lost can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the days lost.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters whit uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advance.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.