Venture into the wild unknown, where nature’s challenges become your greatest triumphs.
Prepare for an extraordinary jungle expedition that will push your limits.
This challenge is tailor-made for the boldest of adventurers!
Our seasoned wildlife trackers will guide you on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to the most remote and pristine corners of the Amazon rainforest.
Our challenge routes are virtually uncharted in the tourism realm, which means that wildlife observation thrives in these secluded jungle regions.
These expeditions are designed for teamwork. There are no “tourist” services. All participants must strive to collect firewood, fish, prepare food, purify water, build shelters, make rafts and carry out all the activities necessary to succeed in this challenge.
- Trekking Trial: 25 miles (40 km)
- Dugout Canoes Navigation: 218 miles (350 km).
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Iquitos-Nauta to Requena.
- Light aircraft from Angamos to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permission from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés National Reserve and Native Community.
- Permission from the communities of the Tapiche River.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators (speedboat company).
- Their speedboats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the lost days can be recovered.
- In the event that the return flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in Colonia Angamos village, nor will you receive any type of refund for the lost days.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters with uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advanced.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.