Tailored for enthusiasts of extensive treks through the heart of the primary rainforest, this itinerary promises a thrilling adventure in a natural setting. Designed to present physical challenges amid the lush environment, participants will have the opportunity to engage with native experts who will generously share their profound knowledge of the Amazon throughout the journey.
Spanning a remarkable 100 kilometers (62 miles) roundtrip, the trek encompasses a 50-kilometer stretch outbound and an equally adventurous 50-kilometer return. This immersive experience not only invites participants to conquer the physical demands of the rainforest terrain but also facilitates an enriching cultural exchange with local experts who call the Amazon home. Prepare to embark on a journey that seamlessly blends the thrill of exploration with a deeper understanding of the intricate ecosystem and indigenous wisdom that defines the Amazon rainforest.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Nauta/Requena/Nauta.
- Native guides and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets and bed sheets.
Each Participant should bring
- Light camping mat.
- Personal water Filter for hiking.
- Rubber boots.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators.
- Their boats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- Amazon Explorer will provide campaign food for each participant, who has to carry theirs provisions. Water will be gathered from streams and be treated before to drink.
Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.