Ideal for those interested in long treks through primary rainforest. This itinerary offers physical challenges in a natural environment. Native experts will share their Amazon knowledge with our participants along the way.
The trek is 100 km (62 mi) roundtrip, 50 km out and 50 km back.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Nauta/Requena/Nauta.
- Native guides and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets and bed sheets.
Each Participant should bring
- Light camping mat.
- Personal water Filter for hiking.
- Rubber boots.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators.
- Their boats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- Amazon Explorer will provide campaign food for each participant, who has to carry theirs provisions. Water will be gathered from streams and be treated before to drink.
Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.