For those who wish to carry out an experiential tourism, to live together and to know the customs and culture of an indigenous ethnic group of the Amazon.
At the beginning of the 20th century, as a consequence of the exploitation of rubber, the Boras suffered a serious process of demographic disintegration, with the population reduced from 15,000 to only 427, in a period of approximately 30 years.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Iquitos/Pebas/Iquitos.
- Slow boat peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Bora native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Permission to the Ampiyacu-Apayacu Natural Reserve.
- Bora and Murui-Muinani (Huitoto) community.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mats.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators.
- Their boats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation.
- You must reserve a minimum of 20 days in advance.