In the depths of the Amazon there are still unexplored areas.
Embark on this daring adventure into the unexplored depths of the jungle, guided by our seasoned wildlife trackers. Together, we’ll traverse untouched regions of the Amazon rainforest, crafting our own raft to navigate a thrilling 150 miles (240 km) river journey.
These expeditions are designed for teamwork. There are no “tourist” services. All participants must strive to collect firewood, fish, prepare food, purify water, build shelters, make rafts and carry out all the activities necessary to succeed in this challenge.
- Trekking Trial: 17 miles (28 km)
- Raft navigation: 150 miles (240 km)
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Iquitos to Santa Clotilde (Napo River).
- Light aircraft from Estrecho (Putumayo River) to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permission from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission from Ampiyacu-Apayacu Natural Reserve.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators (speedboat company).
- Their speedboats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the lost days can be recovered.
- In the event that the return flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the villages, nor will you receive any type of refund for the lost days.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters with uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advanced.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.