Are you ready to push your limits and embrace the call of adventure?
This remarkable expedition transports you to one of the Amazon’s most remote and undiscovered realms.
Within the Amazon’s depths, hidden and uncharted regions await exploration. This particular zone boasts a wealth of endemic species and not found anywhere else in the rainforest.
These expeditions are designed for teamwork. There are no “tourist” services. All participants must strive to collect firewood, fish, prepare food, purify water, build shelters, make rafts and carry out all the activities necessary to succeed in this challenge.
- Trekking Trial: 75 miles (120 km)
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Public speedboat from Iquitos to Pantoja (Napo River).
- Light aircraft from Putumayo River to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permission from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission from the native community of the Putumayo River.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The starting date is determined by public river transport operators (speedboat company).
- Their speedboats usually leave from Iquitos early in the morning.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the lost days can be recovered.
- In the event that the return flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the villages, nor will you receive any type of refund for the lost days.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters with uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advanced.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.