Covering a vast expanse of 2,080,000 hectares (5,139,784 acres), the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve stands as Peru’s largest reserve. Devoted entirely to the preservation of biological diversity and the sustainable utilization of both terrestrial and aquatic flora and fauna, the reserve exemplifies a commitment to environmental conservation in the region.
Its pristine landscapes and diverse ecosystems not only showcase the richness of the Peruvian Amazon but also serve as a crucial sanctuary for numerous endangered species.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Private slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permission to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mat.