Composed of tropical floodplain rainforests, the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (RNPS) covers parts of several provinces within the region of Loreto. These include: Requena, Alto Amazonas, and Ucayali. It covers more than 2,080,000 hectares (5,139,784 acres) and is the most extensive reserves in the Peruvian Amazon. In 2015, it was designated as the second best place in the world to see wildlife.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Private slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permission to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mat.