Expedition in the heart of the wilderness, where every step is a journey into the unknown.
The enjoyment and excitement of expeditions are derived in part from the variable unpredictable terrain, and that the inherent risks of adventure travel contribute to such enjoyment and excitement.
Throughout this daring expedition into uncharted territory, your ability to adapt will be the key to achieving success in conquering this formidable challenge.
These expeditions are designed for teamwork. There are no “tourist” services. All participants must strive to collect firewood, fish, prepare food, purify water, build shelters, make rafts and carry out all the activities necessary to succeed in this challenge.
- Trekking Trial: 75 miles (120 km)
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Light aircraft from Iquitos to Angamos.
- Public speedboat from Tamshiyacu (Amazon River) to Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- Permit from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés National Reserve and Native Community.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- First aid kit, includes antivenom serum.
- Note: Participants must bring their own camping gear.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the lost days can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the lost days.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- During these expeditions, in totally unexplored areas, it may be necessary to change the activities and/or the route due to unforeseen situations.
- These expeditions are extreme and high risky due to the inaccessible terrain and possible encounters whit uncontacted natives.
- Book with a minimum of 60 Days in advance.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.