Expedition to one of the most savage and warlike tribes of the Amazon, the Shuar, “Headhunters”. The Shuar warriors kept a shrunken head as a testimony of each victory. This custom, in addition to being a war trophy and exhibited in traditional festivals, was so that the spirit of the dead would not return and take revenge on the killer. The warrior who killed his enemy had to carry out a complex ritual, designed to enclose the soul of the dead in his own head, this carefully shrunken is called a “tsantsa”.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Private slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Shuar native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Permission to the Candoshis, Kichwas and Shuars Communities.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mat.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.