We will visit a Tourist Maloca located on the Loboyacu River. Currently, this Maloca is managed by young Matsés, who bring their elders from Remoyacu and Buen Perú communities in order to show visitors their traditional culture.
The Matsés are located on the border between Peru and Brazil. A distant jungle area. Local communities visited on this itinerary are Buen Peru and Remoyacu, which nowadays have a constant flow of tourists.
This itinerary features a flight in and out. Flights can be postponed by its operator by weather conditions. You must have some spare days after your program
If you want to visit a genuine non-tourist Maloca: 8-day Matsés Exploration.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Air ticket from Iquitos/Angamos/Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permit from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés Communities.
- Permission to the Maloca (indigenous longhouse).
- Matsés native guides and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets and bed sheets.
- Participants must bring their own light camping mat.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the days lost can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the days lost.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.