Embark on a comprehensive 20-day adventure, immersing yourself in the intricate art of tracking various species in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. Hone your skills in identifying signs of presence, from elusive footprints and traces to subtle olfactory cues. This extended program goes beyond mere tracking, strategically placing camera traps and observation areas in optimal locations. By doing so, we maximize your chances of encountering and documenting the rainforest’s elusive fauna. Join us in creating lasting memories through an in-depth exploration of the diverse and mysterious world of the Amazon.
This program is focused on tracking wildlife in unexplored areas of the Amazon rainforest. This immersive experience involves field reconnaissance in remote and secluded areas, where indications suggest the presence of rare species, including jaguars and giant anacondas.
Under the guidance of expert indigenous trackers and jungle specialist Hector Vezirian, participants will have the invaluable opportunity to acquire advanced fauna tracking techniques. This program is tailor-made for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers, providing a hands-on experience in understanding and appreciating the intricate world of Amazonian wildlife.
- Connect the traveler with the Amazon jungle by tracking wildlife.
- Chances of encountering unusual species such as large anacondas and jaguars.
- Learn basic jungle tracking techniques, both western and indigenous.
- Learn to move safely in the jungle.
- Photograph fauna, tracks and traces.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Air ticket from Iquitos/Angamos/Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permit from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés National Reserve and Community.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets and bed sheets.
- Participants must bring their own light camping mat.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the days lost can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the days lost.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area and with wildlife records in the area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.