Embark on a captivating 15-day journey dedicated to tracking wildlife deep within the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. Immerse yourself in the thrill of field reconnaissance in remote and secluded areas, where the signs point to the presence of elusive species, including jaguars and giant anacondas. This program offers an immersive experience, allowing you to uncover the secrets of the rainforest’s vibrant and diverse ecosystem.
Participants will actively engage in tracking various species, honing their skills in identifying signs of presence, including footprints, traces, and olfactory cues. The program extends beyond tracking, as optimal locations will be strategically chosen for the placement of camera traps and observation areas, maximizing the chances of encountering and documenting elusive fauna.
Facilitated by expert indigenous trackers and jungle specialist Hector Vezirian, participants will have the unique opportunity to learn advanced fauna tracking techniques. This program is tailor-made for wildlife enthusiasts, offering an unforgettable journey into the heart of the Amazon, where the thrill of tracking and observing rare species is coupled with valuable insights from seasoned experts.
- Connect the traveler with the Amazon jungle by tracking wildlife.
- Chances of encountering unusual species such as large anacondas and jaguars.
- Learn basic jungle tracking techniques, both western and indigenous.
- Learn to move safely in the jungle.
- Photograph fauna, tracks and traces.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Air ticket from Iquitos/Angamos/Iquitos.
- Slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permit from SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the Peruvian State).
- Permission to the Matsés National Reserve and Community.
- Expert indigenous trackers and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets and bed sheets.
- Participants must bring their own light camping mat.
- You must arrive in Iquitos a day before the starting date.
- The air transportation used for this expedition is subject to the dates established by the Peruvian Air Force. The flight may be postponed due to climatic conditions.
- We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the days lost can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the days lost.
- Clay licks: Only from June to November, when the rivers are low.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, sightings are not guaranteed, but by going to a remote area and with wildlife records in the area, you maximize the chance of finding.
- This expedition is open to highly motivated participants with a strong capacity for adaptation and who are in good physical and mental condition.
- You must reserve a minimum of 30 days in advance.