If you really want to face your physical limitations and know your mental strength, this challenge is the ideal one. You will venture aboard a military helicopter in a remote area of the Amazon jungle. You will have to reach by your own means the objective that is 120 km away, you will cross virgin forest, rivers, streams and swamps to be successful and be able to be a survivor of the Amazon.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Helicopter from Iquitos to the operational area.
- Native instructors and Amazon Explorer’s coordinator.
- Participants must bring their personal equipment.
- The helicopter used in this Challenge is subject to the availability of the Peruvian Air Force, weather conditions and other factors that could delay our start.
- This Jungle Survival Challenge is risky, is open to participants with experience in survival and/or military with great adaptability and excellent physical and mental condition.
- Reservations must be made with a minimum of 60 days in advance.
- There is only a limited amount of spaces available, so do not delay in reserving your place.
Departure/Return LocationMilitary Airport of the Peruvian Air Force
Departure TimeTo be confirmed
Return TimeTo be confirmed
- Transfer to the Military Jungle Survival School, to receive instruction in rappelling technique (rope descent) under the command of military instructors.
- Participants will spend the night in a hotel in the city of Iquitos.
Day 2 - 19
- Move to a military base and leave by helicopter to a remote spot deep in the jungle.
- Descend by rappelling into the jungle.
- Build individual and group shelters.
- Orient ourselves by natural means.
- Use a map and compass for land navigation.
- Trek for days through virgin forest.
- Cross rivers, streams and swamps (aguajales).
- Look for food and water.
- Use the lianas (Soga de Agua) for drinking.
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Build animal traps to feed ourselves.
- Improvise fishing rods.
- Make campfires to cook our food.
- Use natural resources to our benefit.
- Build individual rafts and floatation devices to go down rivers.
- Spend the nights deep in the jungle.
- Catch and collect food to survive.
- Arrival at our objective, a riverside town.
- End of the mission and return to Iquitos.