A true Survival Challenge where risk will be your companion throughout the journey. You will face extreme conditions, cross unexplored jungles, walk for days, descend rivers, cross streams and swamps until you reach the final goal.
A 350 km survival experience where success will depend solely on your will to survive.
- Transfer from the Iquitos airport.
- Land and river transportation indicated in the itinerary.
- Angamos/Iquitos flight.
- Native instructors and Amazon Explorer coordinator.
- Each participant must bring their personal equipment.
- The return flight from Angamos to Iquitos is subject to the availability of the Peruvian Air Force and depending on weather conditions the flight can be postponed.
- This Jungle Survival Challenge is risky, is open to participants with experience in survival with great adaptability and excellent physical and mental conditions.
- Reservations must be made with a minimum of 60 days in advance.
- There is only a limited amount of space available, so do not delay in reserving your place.
Departure/Return LocationIquitos River Port
Departure TimeTo be confirmed
Return TimeTo be confirmed
- Travel from Iquitos to the city of Nauta (2 hr).
- Speedboat from Nauta to Requena (3 hr).
- Spend the night in a hotel in town.
Day 2 - 7
- Travel on the river for six days.
- Spend the nights in different villages.
Day 8 - 9
- Peke-peke deep into the unexplored jungle.
- Build shelters.
- Spend the night inside the jungle.
Day 10 - 45
- A survival experience of 350 km / 218 miles through unexplored jungle.
- The members of the team will put physical and mental strength to the test.
- Begin an exhausting trek through virgin jungle, challenging the unknown.
- Survive in complete isolation.
- Face inclement weather and difficult terrain.
- Cross hills, rivers, streams and swamps (aguajales).
- Build rafts, dug-out canoes and individual floatation devices to go down rivers.
- Trek when it is not possible to navigate.
- Orient ourselves by natural means.
- Build individual and group shelters.
- Use a map and compass for land navigation.
- Trek for days through virgin forest.
- Look for food and water.
- Look for "Collpas" (clay deposit containing mineral salts, where a large number and variety of animals congregate in order to ingest these salts).
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Build animal traps to feed ourselves.
- Improvise fishing rods by get food.
- Make campfires to cook our food.
- Use the lianas “Soga de Agua” for drinking.
- Use natural resources for our benefit.
- Spend the nights deep in the jungle.
- Catch and collect food to survive.
Day 46 - 50
- Arrive at a native community.
- Motor boat to the town of Angamos.
- Overnight in a hotel in town.
- Fly to Iquitos.