Great Amazon Expedition
Expedition to one of the most remote and unexplored areas of the Amazon
In the depths of the Amazon there is a region known as Sierra del Divisor. This unique and biodiverse land is home to uncontacted Indians.
- Transfer from Iquitos airport.
- Land and river transportation.
- Plane back from Angamos / Iquitos.
- Entry permit for the Matsés National Reserve and Communities.
- Indigenous guides and Amazon Explorer leader.
- Book with a minimum of 60 days in advance.
- LIMITED SPACES: 6 participants.
Join 3 others. Are you already registered? / ¿Ya estás registrado?
Join 3 others.
Are you already registered? / ¿Ya estás registrado?
Departure/Return LocationIquitos Hotel or Airport
Departure TimeTo be confirmed
Return TimeTo be confirmed
- Expedition area: Sierra del Divisor (Peru/Brazil border). It is one of the oldest geological formations in the Amazon rainforest.
- Remain in complete isolation for two months.
- Test our physical and mental strength, as well as the effort of the team to complete the challenge.
- Discover unexplored areas where no one has reached.
- Face inclement weather and difficult terrain.
- Trek for days through virgin forest (without man made trails).
- Cross hills, rivers, streams and aguajales (flooded areas where the aguaje palm trees grow).
- Build shelters in different areas deep in the jungle.
- Make dugout canoes.
- Down river in our dugout canoes (218 miles/350 km).
- Continue on foot when navigation is not possible.
- Day and night explorations in search of animals.
- Explore clay licks "Collpas" (containing mineral salts, where a large number and variety of animals congregate in order to ingest these salts).
- Search for tracks and footprints of Jaguars.
- Look for anacondas in the aguajales.
- Collect and catch our food.
- In this area new species may be discovered.