Pacaya Samiria Adventure
Within the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve everything, from the vast floodplain lakes to the incredible and varied fauna, is abundant and overwhelms the senses. Many Amazonian myths and legends take place in the reserve’s more mysterious spaces, and untouched, virgin pockets of forest still exist.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Private slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permission to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mat.
Departure/Return LocationIquitos Hotel or Airport
Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:15 AM for a departure at 7:30 AM
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM
- 7:30 am Transfer from Iquitos to Nauta city (2 hr).
- Motorboat from Nauta to Santo Domingo (3 hr).
- Entrance permit for the National Reserve.
- Arrival to a village inside the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Boat excursion to a lagoon.
- Looking for pink dolphins (Inia geoffrensis).
- Exploration hiking.
- Bird watching.
- Accommodation: Overnight in a typical village house.
Day 2 - 4
- Motorboat to camping area (3 hr).
- Construction of camp.
- Piranha fishing (Serrasalmus nattereri).
- Hikes through primary jungle in search of wildlife.
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Drinking water from forest vines “Soga de agua”.
- Searching for the giant tree, largest of the jungle "Lupuna".
- Nocturnal explorations in search of tarantulas and other insects.
- Excursion in search of primates.
- Night exploration in search of alligators and other species.
- Overnight in the jungle.
- Return by motorboat to the village.
- Wildlife observation.
- Buying handicrafts (optional).
- Return by motorboat to Nauta (3 hr).
- Transfer from Nauta to Iquitos (2 hr).
- 6:00 pm Arrival to Iquitos.