Most travelers asking for the best tourism company in the Peruvian Amazon jungle, or the best jungle survival guide for the Amazon usually gets to us moved for our over 20-year background exploring the rainforest.
Amazon Explorer is specialized on extreme jungle expeditions and survival trainings.
Thank our expertise we may give you some travel and jungle hacks.
Please, take your time to read all our travel hacks before to arrive in Iquitos and the Amazon in order to arrive well prepared and without doubts.
Amazon Explorer do not offer luxury tours or a jungle hotel (lodge). Our expeditions promote the coexistence of its people and connection with nature. In our expeditions you will find discomforts such as bathing in rivers, humidity, heat, insects; but nevertheless the gratification is part of the rain forest as it was in the beginning of time, an unforgettable experience.
- If you want to be a little more of comfort, you could bring some things as: pillow, wet towel, repellent and sunblock.
Water to Drink
On trips to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, we carry 20-liter bottle of purified water for the entire journey.
On expeditions to Amazon Tribes and Extreme Expeditions, we carry purified water for the first week and for the rest of the days we use a military filter to purify the river water.
In the Challenges, each participant must bring their personal filter. There will be purified water for the first days, then the personal filters will be used.
In Survival, we will give purified water the first day, the rest of the days they will have to obtain water from the lianas and / or boil water extracted from the rivers.
- Avoid dehydration, drink a lot of water.
Avoid mosquito bites, the main vector of malaria, yellow fever and dengue. The mosquito is especially active from dusk to dawn.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Loose-fitting clothing and light colors are more suitable.
- Prevent insects from entering your mosquito net or tent. Keep it closed. To enter the screen or tent, spray the entrance area with repellent, shake and enter quickly.
- Use insect repellent on exposed body areas.
Keep in Touch with Your Tour Leader
Our Tour Leader is there to ensure the best experience for you. Tour Leader will resolve any inconvenience or suggestion that you determine. You are the protagonist of this trip!