Since the XV century, people have talked of the legendary lost cities of the Amazon. El Dorado was a mythic city made of gold. Inspired by this immense treasure hidden in and protected by the jungle, European conquistadores ventured deep into Amazonia. In 1542, in one of the most fateful and famous expeditions to find “El Dorado,” Francisco de Orellana separated from Gonzalo Pizarro and discovered the Amazon River.
500 years later, this legendary treasure has revealed itself to be the site of the highest biological diversity on the planet, with thousands of species of flora and fauna still unknown.
- Transfer from Iquitos Airport.
- Land and river transportations included in the itinerary.
- Private slow boat type peke-peke.
- All meals provided for duration of trip.
- Purified water.
- Permission to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Native guide and Amazon Explorer’s tour leader.
- Materials: Mosquito nets, bed sheets and light camping mat.