Terms and Conditions
- To reserve, we require that you meet the following conditions:
- Minimum age: 18 years. If you are a minor, you must have the permission of your parents or guardian.
- Valid passport / ID.
- International health card (Optional).
- Complete the Personal Information Form (1)
- Sign the Release of Responsibility Form (2)
(1) To provide greater security and better service, each participant must complete and email the Personal Information Form. If we do not receive this form, we do not assume responsibility for organizational errors or delays that may arise on your trip.
(2) Each participant must complete and sign the Release of Responsibility Form and send it by email.
- Considering that all departures are scheduled early in the morning to make the most of the expedition, we suggest that you arrive in Iquitos one day before starting the itinerary and return to Lima one day after finishing it.
- Many of our itineraries are flexible and can be customized according to the interests of our travelers.
- The itineraries and activities may vary according to weather conditions and the seasons that regulate the level of the rivers in the region.
- Amazon Explorer conducts adventure tourism in the jungle. To spend the night, we camp in the jungle and / or in traditional houses of native villagers (these houses are basic). Amazon Explorer does not offer Luxury Travel or Lodges.
- The food that is served in our expeditions is varied and includes local food. Due to the climate, the meats, vegetables and fruits brought from Iquitos have a limited duration. Due to the conditions of the area and the logistical limitations, these foods will be scarce in expeditions of more than seven days. If necessary, we have MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) Military Rations.
- Air transport used for expeditions is subject to pre-established dates by the local airline. However, according to weather conditions, flights may be delayed. We suggest having additional days at the end of the itinerary. In the event that the flight is suspended, the days lost can be recovered.
- In the event that the flight used in the expeditions is postponed, Amazon Explorer will not take charge of your stay in the city of Iquitos, nor will you receive any type of refund for the days lost.
- For Challenges, we suggest having at least five additional days at the end of the itinerary. Because they are unexplored areas, there is the possibility that some situation may delay us and the arrival in the city of Iquitos will be postponed.
- Amazon Explorer does not assume any responsibility in the event that, due to various circumstances beyond our Company’s control, the return of your itinerary is delayed, and consequently you miss your flight to Lima or your International flight.
- Amazon Explorer is not responsible for “Acts of God”. Events that are due to circumstances beyond its control, including, but not limited to, the delay in the beginning or returning of your itinerary, and consequently, the loss of your national and/or international flight.
- Amazon Explorer is not responsible for Fortuitous causes or Force Majeure, unforeseeable and unavoidable circumstances that could affect the itinerary. Events that are due to situations beyond our control, such as natural phenomena, roads blocked by stoppages or other situations that could alter our programming.
- If a participant, group or part of the group decides to return voluntarily before ending the itinerary, they will not receive any type of refund from the Amazon Explorer and the traveler(s) must pay the cost of transport back to Iquitos.
- Amazon Explorer has insurance for our travelers. In any case, we recommend that each participant have their own international insurance. Amazon Explorer does not assume any financial responsibility for medical or evacuation expenses that may occur, beyond what our insurance covers.
- Sightings of wild animals are not guaranteed, but by going to remote areas where they have been seen maximizes your chance of seeing them.
- If you did not make an appointment and / or wish to contact us personally in Iquitos, you must write to [email protected] or write to the following WhatsApp numbers: (+51) 965828888 (Spanish) or (+51) 928472928 (Spanish / English).
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT POLICY
- To make the reservation you must indicate the itinerary of your interest and the date of your trip. Amazon Explorer will confirm availability, then you must guarantee the reservation.
- To guarantee the reservation you must send an advance of 50% or the entire amount for the selected itinerary. If you do not send the money advance, the date of your reservation is not secure. The date of your trip is assured once the deposit is made.
- Deposits must be made by bank transfer to the Amazon Explorer checking account or by PayPal (accepts all cards). All bank or money transfer fees must be borne by the customer.
- Once the money has been sent, you must send the voucher to our email or WhatsApp. What is credited to the Amazon Explorer account is what we will take as part of your payment.
- The deadline for booking Expeditions to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve is two days before the start of the itinerary, for Extreme Expeditions, Amazon Tribes and Survival Trainings is 30 days before the start of the itinerary; and to join a Challenge or Extreme Survival is 60 days before the start of the itinerary.
- Full payment must be made before the start date of your itinerary. In Iquitos you can make the payment in US Dollars (US $) or Peruvian Soles, at the exchange rate of the day indicated by our operators. We also accept credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress and others).
- To avoid delays, it is recommended to pay in full at least 12 hours prior to the start of the itinerary.
- Cash payment in Dollars (US $) must be made with new bills: In good condition, without tears, wrinkles or stains, because Peruvian banks do not accept damaged bills.
- For security reasons, automated teller machines (ATMs) in Iquitos do not always allow cash withdrawals from international accounts. To avoid delays, we suggest that you carry the amount necessary to complete the payment of the itinerary. Check with your bank prior to your trip.
BANK ACCOUNT DATA
Bank: BCP – Bank of Credit of Peru
Account Holder: Amazon Explorer SRL
Account number: 390-1846510-1-18
SWIFT code: BCPLPEPL
Peru: Interbank Account Code (CCI): 002-390-001846510118-38
To pay by PayPal follow the following link:
We will take the amount credited to our account.
- For expeditions to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, in case of cancellation of the reservation, the following percentages of the amount sent to Amazon Explorer will be retained:
- 60 days or more before the start of your reserved itinerary: 30%.
- 59 to 15 days before the start of your reserved itinerary : 40%.
- 14 to days before the start of your reserved itinerary : 70%.
- 9 days or less before the start of your reserved itinerary : 100%.
- For Extreme Expeditions, Amazon Tribes and Survival Training, in case of cancellation of the reservation, the following percentages of the amount sent to Amazon Explorer will be retained:
- 60 days or more before the start of your reserved itinerary: 50%.
- 59 to 15 days before the start of your reserved itinerary : 70%.
- 14 to 10 days before the start of your reserved itinerary : 80%.
- 9 days or less before the start of your reserved itinerary : 100%.
- For Challenges or Extreme Survival, in case of cancellation of the reservation, regardless of the cause, the amount sent to Amazon Explorer will not be refunded.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accepting and guaranteeing a reservation, you automatically declare to know and accept the preceding terms and conditions.